One of our favorites type of roof that we install due to longevity, modern looks, and versatility.
Standing seam metal roof can be installed on various structures and buildings such as commercial and residential, with different planes, sophisticated and complex designs.
It provides clean looks that cannot be matched by other roof types.
Variety of available colors allow for an elegant and beautiful home.
What is Standing Seam Metal Roofing?
Standing seam metal roof consists of metal panels connected together with a fastener in the form of a raised seam.
Common Types of Standing Seam Roof
- Snap-Lock metal panels that are connected with male and female joints that snap together and do not require additional fasteners or mechanical seaming during installation.
- Mechanical Seam metal panels that are connected with specific edges that line up with each other and are joined with a mechanical tool to lock the panels together.
- Commercial structures
- Residential homes
- Durability is one of the most important benefits of standing seam roof. Design of a standing seam roof does not expose fasteners to weather elements, thus making them last much longer and require less maintenance. Metal panels themselves are long lasting due to material and ability to reflect energy from the sun and not absorb it.
- Modern look that is consistent. Straight lines and color variations can enhance the look of a structure.
- Energy-efficient metal panels with light colors and special finishing can reflect sun’s rays, therefore, reduce overall heat absorption.
- Non-Combustible – Most steel roofing assemblies achieve Class A fire rating.
- Environmentally Friendly – metal roofing is 100% percent recyclable which allows for re-use of materials