Metal shingles roof is the second most popular residential type of metal roof after standing seam metal roof.
It allows residential homeowners to preserve the authentic traditional look when replacing cedar shingles or slate.
By installing metal shingles homeowners prolong the lifetime of their roof and their home.
There are various types of metal shingles that can be installed
- Metal Shingles
- Metal Shake
- Metal Slate
- Metal Tiles
What is Metal Roof Shingles?
Like other types of metal roofing, metal shingles are made out of a few common materials such as steel or aluminum. Just like asphalt shingles, metal shingles have a similar shape, however, the key difference is that metal shingles can also have interlocking mechanisms that allow for seamless joining and low profile.
Metal Slate provides a sleek, polished and consistent look for your roof. While Metal Shake is similar in looks and nature of cedar shake which is ruffled and rustic.
Metal Tiles provide a barrel look.
- Commercial structures
- Residential homes especially older colonial homes
- Durability because metal shingles are painted with premium paint multiple times they provide durability and an unmatched warranty
- Light metal shingles are light and decrease the overall load on the structure significantly
- Traditional Look numerous variations and styles of metal shingle allow creating an exquisite design
- Energy-efficient metal shingles with light colors and special finishing can reflect sun’s rays, therefore, reduce overall heat absorption.
- Wind Resistance unline competing asphalt shingles metal shingles due to interlocking and material can withstand speed up to 160 mph.
- Non-Combustible most steel roofing assemblies achieve Class A fire rating.
- Environmentally Friendly – metal roofing is 100% percent recyclable which allows for re-use of materials